Saturday 24 January 2009

first work ,first snow .




now the concept of us back home is like the foreign countries are just covered with snow and is all white just like in the movies we see everyday , they have snow man and they play with snow balls every day , well i would like to change that .. no its is not like that at all .. it just snowed here in Edinburgh may be 3 or 4 times thats it .. it became a little white for only one time which is the only time i actually had to walk in the street for almost all the time it was snowing .. it was my first time to touch , see , walk and feel snow .. i could believe it .. all my black coat was covered with white things called snow flakes .. heheheh , it was wet .. yuckyyyy... begad i was pushing it away from me not to wet my clothes and it easily comes off my coat , but the problem that it sticks to the floor and u just have to walk so slowly in order not to slip and fall . and make sure not to step in watery snow .. ( i did that , my shoes was full of water ,,,yaaaaaaa) .
well this is the real day that i appreciated my amazing most wonderful ,adorable great ,precious ,diamond , my TOTA ,Kordelina my savior from all this marmata . fenek ya tota we feen ayamak . konty satrany wallahy . hehehehehe , now i sound like an old woman wining for her lost youth ..

as for work... see applying for work here is not as easy at it seems , tried looking for a nice decent part time job to go with my studies and not successful eventually i found this technician job which is men ela7'er keda 3amel with an art gallery . then i said well what the hell ,, technician better than nothing . then i went to start my work and i realized that i am a junior technician which is saby 3amel isa .. hehehe .. and my senior technician is a nice looking lady ( a female ) who graduated from Brighton university (this is a very good uni here ) and she did her masters degree in my university Edinburgh college of art in sculpture .. soooooooooooo shofto el rayesa beta3ty shaklaha eih ... my senior technician here we go , that day i worked all the work technicians do , simple like that i painted belforsha we elgardal , i hammered stuff belshakoosh we 3elbet elmasabeer , ooohhh and the best part .. sand blast ... which is belbalady keda elsanfara isa ..
see an Egyptian technician is well i am sad to say that he is not as fortunate as me or my senior nice lady , he is a different class and with different style of life and definitely u never see a female in this field of work ,education ........mmmmmmm well we say in Egypt which is the translation words "the market or field teaches u its technics" elsoo2 ye3alemak elsan3a . as for here people who work are well educated people not really that poor but they know the techinics and they can do the job so why not . they never look at it as the low class /high class level thing as most of us do.
we say ( or at least i used to say when i was back home ) we need a multi national organization job and a salary with this and so and so and the list goes on . well doesnt work like that everywhere .

on the other hand we have free education actually , if u compare it to here .. education in Egypt is free and here is soooooooo expensive ppl here borrow money and keep paying back for years and years after they graduate .
so let me say i have learned and i hope my experience will help others understand how life is different from each perspective , it doesnt matter who we are ,doesnt matter were we come from or whats our backgrounds, we might find ourselves doing things we never imagined we will do just because its a new world and a new life that we have to fit in .we have to open mined and flexible to grasp the change and accept it also live it happily .

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it doesn't matter where we are, what are our background, color, gender, as far we are human to each other!

    Sis', please try to translate more the Egyptian words =P

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Nada, I've just discovered "your work" here :)
    About the snow I can say I'm living the same experience although I've seen snow every year back home :))) But the weather in Chicago has gone wild this winter. I really liked how you described the little snowflakes, now imagine something else, walking (or driving which btw can be even worse) in half a meter snow and snow storms and -30 degrees celsius!!!!! Would you like to experience this? :)))) Maybe Cairo sounds better after all:P

    ReplyDelete